Frequently Asked Questions
CFA® is a chartered qualification, a credential held by over 150,000 professionals around the world. CFA® charter gives a strong working knowledge of advanced investment analysis and real-world portfolio management skills as well as make you ready to handle ethical issues arising in the day to day operations.
Anyone who looks to make a successful career in Investment Banking, Corporate Finance and Risk Management space.
There is no one answer fits all, every professional approach banking & finance career in different ways and as per the industry demands, however, one thing is common to all aspiring professional that is, CFA® certification helps move your resume to the top of the list in extremely competitive fields.
“When I see a candidate with a CFA®, it brings to my mind the seriousness they have in being successful in their career,” says Doug Rickart, division director for Robert Half Financial Services Group in Minneapolis.
According to the CFA® Institute, the following is what a CFA® candidate can expect:
An average of 2-2.5 years to complete the program, as one needs to complete all 3 Level before they earn their charter, along with a mandatory 4 years of relevant experience in Investment Analysis or Education. Only full-time roles are considered.
Six months of preparation for each exam
250 – 300 hours minimum of study time = 10 hours per week (May defer candidate to candidate, and type of preparation help one is taking, e.g. external coaching)
External coaching, like the program run by FinTech Studies, helps a great deal in creating confidence among students for clearing the exam in a single attempt. In fact, we at FTS, shall give you a guarantee* of the pass, and offer a full refund no questions asked. This is an attempt to reduce the cost burden that this study brings upon. Also, this indicates the rigorous teaching and methodologies followed by FTS to prepare oneself to crack the exam. We are the only institute that offers pass guarantee* in the country.
As per the CFA® Institute and ongoing Industry norms, a person with the charter can find their roles as any of the following professionals:
Relationship Manager, Research Analyst, Chief Executive, Consultant, Corporate Financial Analyst, Financial Advisor, Portfolio Manager, Risk Managers etc.
Yes, one can enrol for subsequent CFA® Level course.
FTS course material is specially designed keeping in mind what is necessary to pass the exam. Our course material is developed by experienced industry professionals to help the student understand and practice exam content. We provide dedicated problem-solving lessons, LMS access with 1000+ practice questions, formula sheet, and 3 full length Mock Tests along with module-wise tests.
Total fee for any level is INR 50,000/-. One can pay the fee in two instalments in a month from joining the program. We also offer 0% EMI option for a 6-month duration. In other words, you pay 10,000/- as down payment and for the rest of 40,000/- you can avail a loan facility for 6 months. EMI would be 40,000/6 = 6667 at 0% interest rate.
We understand the diversification of the professional environment. To simplify, our experts have segregated various categories of professionals, which can help you analyze your current standing and make an informed decision.
To help you shortlisting this certification exam over any other, the following points may help you in deciding:
The Program is suitable for –
Undergraduates in their final year and graduates/post-graduates from Commerce, Management, Economics, Finance, Statistics and Engineering backgrounds.
Working Professionals in the IT industry willing to expand their knowledge horizon to work with Banking & Finance firms.
Working Professionals from the Banking & Finance industry willing to enhance most sought after skills for getting into core roles in Investment Banking Operations, Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Research, Risk Management, Treasury among others.
CAs, CSs, CMAs etc to equip with Portfolio Management and related knowledge to make their way into the Financial Markets industry. With the dual charterholder qualifications, they can stand out from the rest who are qualified professionals at the national level.
Following type of work experience is counted toward CFA® Charter:
1. If you spend a majority of your time constructing or rebalancing client portfolios, preparing financial models or performing/evaluating independent analysis leading to an investment decision.
2. If you make investment decisions based on the application of financial, economic, or statistical data involving securities or similar investments held as part of an investment portfolio.
3. If you supervise employees who spend a majority of their time evaluating or applying financial, economic, and/or statistical data as part of the investment decision-making process.
4. If you determine the capital structure and funding needs through equity, debt, and alternative investments, conduct long-range financial planning, evaluate financial fundamentals, analyze and value securities for public offerings or mergers and acquisitions, and/or make asset sales and capital investment decisions.
5. If you conduct asset allocation analysis or apply investment knowledge to develop, analyze, and/or explain investment policy statements or strategies designed to achieve investor goals as part of the overall investment process.
6. If you engage in investment/financial advising or planning for corporations, institutions, or individuals (other than yourself or your family).
7. If you research or develop tools, models, strategies, and/or communications that assist portfolio managers and traders with investment decisions and risk management.
8. If you spend the majority of your time overseeing legal/regulatory compliance matters in the investment profession, performing due diligence, and/or ensuring that investment firms adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and professional standards of practice.
9. If you are a full-time professor or instructor teaching finance related courses and/or CFA® Program curriculum, developing educational content, and engaging in research to advance the understanding of investment practice and theory.